Wednesday, May 26, 2010

My Commenting Addiction

Pays off ya'll!  I got me some rec-og-ig-nition from a blogger that I recently discovered through the D-list Blog Party last week.  Nic over at Four Better Four Worse cracks me up on a daily basis.  She is seriously, the funniest blogger around, and her writing style, and stories make me LOL regularly.  Plus, she is pretty damn rad for recognizing my commenting addiction passion.  So, I get to post this cute wittle Panda on my page, and thank Nic for allowing me to spew comments all over her posts with some regularity and then answer the following 10 questions.



Here Goes:

1) Why do you blog?


It started out as a means of sharing pictures and funnies with my family and close friends. But, now, I blog because I am scared of dying and leaving nothing behind. I want my girls to read a piece of me, of how I viewed our life and the world, and to have a physical reminder of me. I plan on having my blog printed yearly, and I’ll stack the books on the shelf to gather dust until one day they decide to read them. I hope that sounds more beautiful than morbid. Oh, and blogging just makes me feel good.

2) What are your three best memories?

1). Every December, two weeks before Xmas, my dad would let me and my brother play hooky from school. We would take the train in to Chicago and we would Xmas shop, eat, and look at all of the fabulous window displays downtown. It was such a special occasion. I treasure those memories


2). The hubs’ major league debut. My parents took the time to drive in to Cincinnati and we were all there for him that weekend. That’s a once in a lifetime thing, so I’ll never forget it.


3). And then of course, my wedding weekend and my kids’ births rank up there too!

3) If you had to change your real name, what would you change it to?

Probably Sarah. In my younger days, every time I was approached by a random guy at a bar, I would tell him my name was Sarah. I’m not sure why, I just did. I’m okay with Carol, though. I’m pretty much the only Carol that exists under the age of 55 and that makes me special (in my own mind).

4) What are 5 things you can’t live without?

Besides, bread & water; God/Faith, my kids/family, my celly, DVR, and sleep!

5) What are the four best books you’ve ever read?

Well, fortunately, while I would pump away at work, I actually plowed through quite a few books, although, I’m not sure that any of them were my favs. Here’s a few that left a mark in one way or another.


1) The Bible, cause it’s the Bible, and there is comfort in the scripture


2) Healthy Sleep Habits Healthy Child –written by some pediatrician. This book literally saved my sanity and I still reference it from time to time.


3) Twelve hours by Twelve Weeks, because it turns out that it is possible to get a 10 week old baby who is exclusively breastfed to sleep through the night at 10 weeks old. I did it, it works, and it made being momma to two girls easier than it would have been otherwise.


4) Anything written by Jennifer Weiner, because she writes so effortlessly and her books involve the opposite of thinking

6) Tell me something unique and interesting about yourself.

I am a claustrophobic nut job who may or may not have sent my 11 month old daughter in the elevator at Macy’s with the bestie and her baby while I ran for the escalator. At least I didn’t send her in the elevator alone. And thankfully, they didn’t get stuck, because Liz would have been screwed if she got stuck in the elevator with two strollers and two babies.

7) What do you like about yourself?

I’m a giver and I enjoy making people happy. Oh, and I have awesome ankles!

8) What is the best movie ever made?

Heathers, cause there was a point in time when I could quote almost every line from that movie and I always found it hilarious. Hello 1988, I missed you! So, it isn’t Academy Award material, but who doesn’t like to see Shannon Doherty at her bitchiest?

9) If you had a Freaky Friday experience, who would you want to change places with and why?

The hubs because I would like to know what it feels like to walk around in that big man body all day long and I think it would do him some good to walk around in my body/shoes for a day. I’m sure he would be begging to switch back with me after 24 hours!

10) What is the best part about being a woman?

Crying while watching the season finale of Grey’s while dipping French fries in a chocolate Frosty and then blaming it on your period. Yeah, that pretty much rocks.


And, then this is the part where I get to pass this award on to someone who gives me comment love on a regular basis and that gal is LeeAnn at The Life of Rylie and Bryce Too.  I also met this awesome momma of 2 through the Blog Party and she rocks my comment section with thoughtful, funny, and consistent comments.  So, go and check her and her adorable lovies out and leave her a comment to let her know you care.  I mean, afterall, comments make the bloggy world go round, right?

5 comments:

LeeAnn said...

Carol you are too sweet! Thank you so much! I love your blog and I enjoy reading about your cute little girls.

And apparently great minds think alike...I used to tell guys my name was Sara too! (I didn't spell it with the "h", though. LOL)

Thanks again!

Gretchen said...

I so appreciate your comments on my blog! It makes my day at work :)

You totally deserve this award!

Oh, I don't know any Gretchen's under 50 either so I'm in the same boat with my name!

Anonymous said...

Carol- this is the perfect award for you! I can always count on you for a comment!

Krista said...

Awesome! Those blogs are super cute and now I'm following! Thanks! ;)

Liz said...

So you are right.. I would have been TOTALLY SCREWED in that elevator!! But it would have been worth it.. although, you've come a long way with elevator ridin'! :)