Wednesday, May 5, 2010

And we are off to Illi-Norf

The suitcases are packed, the portable DVD player is charged and Cam and I are off to Illi-norf.  Illi-norf?  Yes, you read that correctly.  Cam knows that Gramma lives in the "norf" (north) and we've talked about going to Illinois, so in her 4 year old mind, the correct location of Gramma is "Illi-norf."  Catchy, don't you think?  Cam exclaimed this morning, "Mom, we are going to Illi-norf and it's not even Xmas!" Yes, my love.  It is possible to go to the north without it being Xmas.

When I dropped Miss Bellie Boo off at school this morning I must have kissed her sweet puffy cheeks goodbye a thousand times.  This is the longest I have ever been away from her, and it's going to eat me up.  I've already given the hubs a detailed list of do's and don'ts; Put her in the high chair to feed her, no walking with food, even if it is a graham cracker; don't let her nom on sister's toys; give her age appropriate toys; make her bottles a head of time; avoid guacamole and baked beans ::snicker::. and for God's sake do not leave her unattended in the bathtub even if it is just to check Sportscenter real quick ::begs on knees::

Chloe was happily playing in the ball pit at school when I headed toward the door.  She was shrieking and squawking in delight ::cheers for a happy baby:: and when I said, "Bye Bye Belle, Momma loves you" she stuck her little skinny arm up in the air, and opened and closed her starfish hand five or six times, all the while smiling through her binkie.  She has no idea that mommy is not picking her up tonight or putting her to bed.  I wonder if babies her age can actually miss a parent.... 

I'll miss you sweet baby girl - be good for daddy! 

Daddy - good luck.  You can do this!


1 comment:

B F said...

Have fun! He will do great! Make him send you plenty of pictures and you will be home before you know it!