Thursday, July 1, 2010

The Thursday Thanks

Wow.  Here we are at Thrusday all ready.  If you haven't noticed, I've been a bit long-winded this week, so I'm gonna make today short and sweet.  Here are 10 things that I am Thankful for this week!

41). Advice from friends and e-friends who provide me direction/support when I don't know whether or not I did the right thing by doing nothing. 
42).  My parents arriving safely and spending the week with us.
43).  Independence Day...because we live in a great country and we have many, many, precious freedoms that were born on the 4th of July.
44).  Our new iPad, because it's sleek, and fast, and cool, and now the hubs and I can internet at the same time. (doesn't it look huge in this picture?  Really, it looks huge, but it's not, just about the size of a hard back book, but thinner)


45).  Snails that come out in the rain and provide an opportunity for a science lesson with my 4 year old.
46).  The word "kwa-ker" (cracker) because it's Chloe Belle's first 2 syllable word and reminds me how fast she's growing up
47).  This doggie, who lets Chloe take food out of her bowl while she's eating it, and never growls or snips.  I think she loves the kids as much as I do.
48). Sleeping through the night.  After 10 days of Chloe's illness, it's high time we got back to all nighters
49).  Liz.  She keeps me sane, keeps me laughing, and makes this place feel like home.
50).  Friends who love and excel at photography, because they guide me, encourage me, and inspire me. And friends who offer to try and figure it all out with me, one week, one lesson at a time.
**I just have to mention this, because it NEVER happens.  I just hit spell check and not one yelllow highlighted word in this whole post.  WTH?  Something is wrong!...maybe spellcheck is down or something.



5 comments:

Liz said...

Carol, I'm so glad I'm able to keep you sane. It's a hard job but somebody has to do it, right?! Just kidding, that's what friends are for and you do the same thing for me! :)

Unknown said...

dude- i never spell check. ha!

Bridgette said...

Oh...awesome pic of your dog...nice focus on just the nose & tongue...not to mention, action! I love it!

Mama Hen said...

Hey Carol,
I am happy your parents arrived safely! You are so right that we should be thankful for Independence Day! We have so much freedom in this country. Your doggie is so cute! Have a great day!

Mama Hen

LeeAnn said...

Awww...I love your dog! My two dogs get absolutely tormented by Rylie and they have never even looked at her in a mean way. Good dogs are awesome.

I'm thankful for YOU these past couple of days. You have been a voice of reason when I really needed one. And even though I don't necessarily agree with everything you said, I am so appreciative of the fact that you're trying to help. Thank you so much! I honestly think you are the nicest blogger I have met so far, and definitely one of my favorite e-friends.