Tuesday, July 27, 2010

I worry.

I worry.  I'm a worrier by nature, and it's something I'm working on.  Last night, as I was trying to fall asleep I had to keep repeating to myself "Give it all to God." 

Chloe has developed a limp.  For the past few days, late in the evening we've noticed that she hobbles on her right foot.  We'll remove her shoes, it seems to get better, and in no time she is running around.  She bears weight on it, squats on it, and all seems fine, and then she'll limp again. 

Last night when I picked her up from school her teacher told me that she tripped, screamed, grabbed her ankle in pain, and then when I walked through the door she was practically dragging her right foot along.  At that point I decided I have to bring her in.  Are her shoes getting too small, they still go on easily?  I don't see a splinter, or blister?  Did she twist her ankle or break something?  I'm worried. 


This morning she was walking fine.  I sent her to school today in different shoes, hand-me downs from sissy, and she ran in them all the way down the hallway. I'm going to take her to the Dr. this afternoon, but in the meantime. I pray. I pray that this turns out to be something simple. 
I took these shots of her on Saturday - she is standing with all of her weight on her right foot.


14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Crossing my fingers that everything is fine for your cutie! Let us know after her appointment.

Chelsea said...

It's so difficult when they are that young because they can't tell you how they feel or where they hurt. Sending prayers your way that everything turns out fine!
P.S. That little bathing suit is the most adorable thing ever!

http://vandylandmommy.blogspot.com

Sassy said...

I am a worrier by nature too. Especially when it comes to my kids! Praying that everything is fine! Hopefully she just twisted it or it was the shoes. It's so hard when they can't tell you.:(

The Planet Pink said...

I'm sure it's something simple. Being a mama is such a tough job - hugs to you!

LeeAnn said...

I am a worrier too, so I feel for you. I'm so glad you are taking her in to get checked out. Please keep us posted!

Gretchen said...

I'll be praying for Miss Chloe!

P.S. Her swimsuit is TOO ADORABLE :)

Heather said...

I'll be thinking about you and your family. I hope everything is ok and that is simple if it is something. I was never a worrier.... until I had kids.... I wish y'all the best!

Unknown said...

Big hugs to you Mama that everything is okay!

Anonymous said...

Oh Carol! I'm sorry to hear that Miss Chloe is having trouble with her right leg. Hopefully the doc will have an answer for you so that you can put that mind of yours to rest. Keep us posted! Thinking about you.

Colleen (Shibley Smiles) said...

UGH that word verification input gets me every time. I write I post and post it and hit the next blog and then it pops up for me to input the letters right before it moves to the next blog. So I'm reposting again LOL.

Mom and worry are synonyms they are interchangeable. It is what makes us such good parents.

I hope all is fine and definitely like everyone says let us know.

Love the photos such a cutie!

Mama Hen said...

Carol, I am a huge worrier also! I think all of us moms get a great big dose of worry the minute we become moms. Just take her to the doctor to be checked so you get piece of mind. I am sure she is fine! I know she is! I will say a prayer.

Mama Hen

Moments and Impressions said...

thinking and praying for you and your little one

Krista said...

Hugs and prayers sent your way! Hopefully all is well- and she's just going through a little phase of some sort. I know how you feel, tho - I'm the biggest worrier. It's just the life of a mom, I guess!

krissilugbill said...

I am a worrier as well, it is so hard to always remember to give it all to God. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers and hope all goes well at the doctor!