Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Wordish Wednesday - Horse Love

The essential joy of being with horses is that it brings us in contact
with the rare elements of grace, beauty, spirit, and fire.
~Sharon Ralls Lemon
June_2011_0164-1

On Sunday afternoon, Gramma, Cam & I made a spur of the moment stop by the local history museum. "The museum campus consists of a Victorian village with 26 historical buildings filled with artifacts of the era as well as several beautiful 19th century gardens that depict life in northern Illinois from 1890 to 1910. " (Midway Village website). 

The paper said there would be a Wild West Show at 2:00 and....horses.  We all know how my girl loves horses.  We stopped by with no expectations and the "We'll just see what's going on" attitude.  We ended up spending hours there.   

After the Wild West Show which featured a dozen horses and cowboys shooting balloons, Cam was allowed to pet the horses.  There was a boy giving pony rides on his Shetland Pony, but she wanted none of it...she wanted to ride a Quarter Horse.  Well, she didn't get to ride around on one, but a very nice cowboy who recognized her love for horses let her sit on his beautiful horse. 

June_2011_0172-1


This made her day.  More photos and details from this event to come.

**Thanks to all who commented on my post yesterday.  Although I know I should not have let that lady bother me so much, she did.  I appreciate the supportive words and the humor. I am putting it behind me.  Much love to all. 

7 comments:

Jennifer said...

Wow...what a great surprise for Cam!! I am sure it made the entire trip :) Glad you are over the old lady...look back and laugh :)

Liz said...

Cam and her horses .... I think elephants are a thing of the past :) Love the pics!

Mama Hen said...

I love this and I know my daughter would love to be riding next to her! I truly hope they may meet one day. perhaps when they get older we can have them be pen pals. They can share their horse stories! Have a great day my friend!

Mama Hen

Moments and Impressions said...

What an awesome cowboy!

Ashley said...

What a beautiful horse! Cam must have loved it.

Lexie Loo, Lily, Liam & Dylan Too said...

Awe, she looks so happy! What a nice surprise for her!

Sassy said...

I love this quote. As someone who has a passion for horses...I so get where Cam is coming from. Horses can tell when someone loves them and they can be just as loyal as a dog. But horses seem smarter somehow. More wise. The most special bond I have ever had with a pet was with my horse Remington, who sadly passed away last year. He kept me from getting into trouble when I was a teen. Or at least a LOT of trouble. ;)