Friday, December 18, 2009

Kenzer at Xmas



This poor dog! MacKenzie is our 8 year old long haired Jack Russell Terrior (um, terror). Since the kids have come along she has been slowly downgraded from most beloved first born child, to barely there, 5th on the list, d-o-g. We still love her to pieces of course, but we are so consumed with children that we often wonder, "Did we feed the dog? Is she inside or outside? Have you seen the dog today?" She is now an after-thought instead of our focal point. Every now and then Kenzie will dig her way out of our yard and go on a neighborhood joy run and we feel that panic..."what if she is gone forever?" So, the love is there, we just need to pay more attention to the dang dog! So, TA-DA! Here is Kenzie!! She has been neglected on this blog and in light of a couple of pet passings that my friends have recently endured, I thought I would give her the moment in the sun that she deserves. She is a most loyal and loving friend, and she is AWESOME with our girls. She even lets Camdyn take her own bone out of her mouth in mid chew. She doesn't snip, growl, or object. She just goes with the flow.

I must mention that the goal in this picture was to play with some of the settings on my camera. In particular, I wanted to learn how to adjust the aperture to blur the background yet keep my subject in focus. I was unable to pull Camdyn away from Dora and Chloe was in bed, so I counted on my 1st born, most wise, and obedient pet child to perform as my subject. Kenzie willingly obliged and I have this neat photo, with the background appropriately blurred and taken using the ambient lighting feature on my camera. Note that the room was completely dark save for the lights on the Xmas tree when I pushed the button. Pretty cool, huh?

So, Kenzie here's to many more years of entertainment, stunts, escapades, and faithful nights cuddled under the covers in the crook of my knees. I may not act like it all the time but this dang dog is family! Love you Kenzer!

1 comment:

Liz said...

Okay, I definitely need a new camera. End of story.