Tuesday, October 13, 2009

"Na-Nas-tics"

Camdyn had a blast this past Saturday doing "Na-Nas-tics" (gymnastics) for the first time. We were having a play date with her friend Sophie, so I registered them both to take 2 classes at the Y. They had fun playing at the house, then I loaded them in to the car and took them to class. In my usual fashion (I can't be late to anything if I try, except to work for some reason) we were 20 min early. So, we walked to the Y building to use the potty, and putzed around, and then watched the big kids on the tumbling mat.

Aren't they sooo cute together?


Finally, it was the girls' turn and they started out with stretching. Camdyn was having no part of it. She sat patiently in "criss cross applesauce" and didn't move a muscle the whole time. Chris was asking me, "What's wrong with her? Guess we just wasted $20..." Well, I could only see the back of her head, so I had no idea what she was thinking. Sophie stretched like a yoga machine and then the girls were off to the other side of the gym to start their circuits. This is where the Camdyn that I know finally came to life. She somersaulted and jumped through hula hoops, and flipped over the high bar like a champ. She couldn't wait to go again and again. She even tried the somersault on her own, which didn't quite work out, but her teacher helped her. She walked on the balance beam, jumped on the trampoline and loved it! Sophie, was doing a different circuit and spent a lot more time jumping than Camdyn did, which seemed to suit Sophie fine (kid has a ton of energy too)!
Sweet girls waiting for Class to start

When we were leaving Camdyn saw her teacher and hugged her knees and said, "Thank you. I had so much fun!" We are looking forward to next week's class!

Cam smiling at the end of class (this picture is wiggly because my camera is a piece...we returned it on Monday)

At the end of Class they get together, hands in, and say "ONE, TWO, THREE - SEE YA!"


No comments: