Thursday, September 16, 2010

There is Always Something to be Thankful For

It's been a crazy week and as we approach my favorite time of year, things will just get busier.  I love it.  I love the excitement of all of the upcoming birthdays and holidays which are smashed in to the next few months.  I love the way the end of the calendar year winds down only to find yourself in January with fresh resolutions and a clean slate. 

Here are the Things I'm Thankful for this week:

{Gatherings with Friends}  Last night we ate chicken nuggets, grapes, beans, and cheetos on a picnic table with friends.  The kids played, and laughed, and cried, and we enjoyed being mommas to healthy and beautiful children.  Then the ice cream truck came and I saw the simple joys of childhood in the eyes of the kids.  It was the perfect ending to the day

{Resilient Kids}  Chloe toppled off the picnic table bench last night and landed on a illogically placed metal man-hole cover.  She cried a bit, but wasn't too phased, and I breathed a huge sigh of relief...that could have been bad...really, bad.

{Camdyn's spirit}  As much as she can frazzle my nerves, as much as she pushes buttons until I feel like I'm sliding in to meltdown mode, she's also an amazing kid.  A kid that crawled in to my lap last night, told me I was "the best momma ever" and then as tears welled in my eyes, she cried with me.  ::heart explodes::

{The Hub's Reaction}  Last night as we crawled in to bed I reminded him that he has been gone four out of the last seven nights, therefore, he is on night-time wake-up duty tonight.  He didn't balk.  And, I slept uninterrupted for the first time in MONTHS!

{Chloe Belle in a Hat}  Photos to come soon.  She won't wear a bow on her nearly bald head to save her life, but the child will rock a hat, and it is so stinkin' cute.

{Our almost House}  The bank accepted our offer on a house.  I am so stoked to move one final time, and finally be in our forever house.  The house that our kids will call their childhood home.  The house where we will raise our girls.  The house that we won't ever grow out of.


3 comments:

Colleen (Shibley Smiles) said...

That is so awesome about the house! I can't wait until I can purchase one. I hope to see some awesome photos!

Unknown said...

What a great list! Congrats on the house!! I must admit I'm a bit jealous as we are trapped in our house for at least the next 5 years. Oh how we'd love to move....

Jennifer said...

Definately a great list of things to be thankful for :) Didn't know you were planning on moving...congrats and hopefully everything works out.